Joe Jordan has over 30 years experience in various kayaks and canoes, and over 20 years involvement with coach delivery and paddle sport development, delivered at some very interesting spots around the world, meeting many inspirational people on the way..
Joe started his paddling in his home town of Bude, North Cornwall, aged 12, discovering the joys of surf kayaking. Since those early days he has travelled far and wide, and paddled in some pretty amazing locations mostly thanks to his time serving his country in the for 24 years.
Joe has planned trips to many places throughout the world,and advised on many more expeditions.Joes paddling adventures include Norway, Costa Rica, Canada,most alpine regions, the Pyrenees, Corsica, North West Territories, Norway and South America, to name a few.
He has extensive coaching experience,including the provision of personal and professional development to youth organisations, the Ministry of Defence and major outdoor companies with UK and abroad. Whenever possible he tries to maintain his close relationship with the local clubs in Bristol and Bath area and has recently taken on a volunteer role with British Canoeing as the Regional Coaching Representative for Wessex region.
Joe has a real passion for the outdoors, especially introducing and developing newcomers to this fantastic sport and all outdoor activities, always adopting a student-centered approach to coaching.
Joe has the following outdoor qualifications
- British Canoeing Paddle Sport Insrtuctor trainer assessor
- British Canoeing Coach award CORE trainer
- British Canoeing Coach award DST trainer assessor
- British Canoeing Guide award Holder and module trainer
- White Water Safety and Rescue – (WWS&R) Provider
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training – (FSRT) Provider
- Moderate water Discipline Specific coach provider.
- D of E Assessor B- S & Gold
- Navigation Instructor